The Breakthrough Leadership Development Programme™ is designed for experienced, mid-career professionals in middle to senior level management positions who wish to enhance their leadership competencies and practice and to prepare for the critical transition into strategic leadership roles.
This programme has been accredited by The Institute of Leadership & Management, one of the most prestigious leadership authorities world-wide. Completion of the Breakthrough Leadership Development Programme™ will allow you join The Institute of Leadership & Management at a member grade with post-nominal letters MInstLM.
Length of the programme: 6 modules delivered over 6 months or 9 month or 12 months. Each module includes 2 sessions delivered 2 or 3 or 4 weeks apart.
Duration of each session: 2 hours (including one break) taught session delivered online or face to face PLUS approximately 2 hours of reflection and self-study using the Reflective Learning Journal, handouts and a list of recommended resources for each module.
Session 1 - From management to leadership
- Management vs leadership
- Six Leadership Transitions
- Leadership styles
- Authentic leadership in the workplace
Session 2 - Executive presence and personal brand
- Executive presence and self-perception
- Ways to enhance your executive presence
- What is “leadership brand” and why your personal leadership brand matters
- Evolving your personal leadership brand over time
Session 1 - Building mental resilience and success strategies
- Understanding stress and its impact on our health (both physical and mental)
- Understanding resilience and its connection with emotional health
- Building your own Resilience Development Plan
- Strategies to build personal resilience to flourish during challenging times
Session 2 - Agile leadership
- What does it mean to be an agile leader?
- Agile leadership vs traditional leadership models
- Agile leadership as a behaviour-based competency model (The HAVE Model)
- Nine principles of agile leadership
- Becoming an agile leader
Session 1 - Change and conflict in the workplace
- How we respond to change in the workplace
- Dealing with colleagues who oppose change
- Managing the emotion alongside the processes of change
- Moving from conflict to resolution in change management
Session 2 - Leading during challenging times
- Brain-based leadership in a time of heightened uncertainty
- Fostering collective intelligence
- Building trust, a sense of inclusion and psychological safety in the workplace
- The trauma-informed approach to leadership and management during challenging times
Session 1 - Leading the diverse workforce
- Diversity as a desirable strategic advantage
- Barriers to diversity and inclusion
- Ways to create an inclusive and collaborative culture in the workplace
- Inclusive leadership: Signature traits and acts of inclusive leadership
Session 2 - Coaching and mentoring skills
- Coaching vs mentoring and their role in the workplace
- Coaching and mentoring as key leadership skills
- Coaching models Use of the advanced communication skills in coaching and mentoring
Session 1 - The art of judgement: Effective decision making
- Judgement as practical wisdom and different types of judgements
- Unconscious biases and mental shortcuts in decision making
- The attitude of wisdom and The Balance Theory of Wisdom
- The decision making process and its tools
Session 2 - Time management skills
- Understanding time (clock time vs real time) and productivity
- Self-management as time management
- Essential tools and techniques in time management
- Designing your most effective day and week
Session 1 - Communicating with impact
- Communication as a core leadership function
- Three levels of communication skills for leaders
- Key principles of leadership communication
- Communicating with impact
Session 2 - Influencing skills
- Power and influence
- Dealing with multiple agendas and understanding the bigger picture
- Building high quality relationships, trust and credibility
- The effective and ethical influencing process
- Enhancing your influencing skills
Certification is awarded on completion of the full formal training programme and is issued by The Institute of Leadership & Management.
Learner benefits covered by the programme fee:
Following the payment of the programme fee, you will receive access to a suite of leadership and management resources based on the institute’s multi-award winning online learning portal, MyLeadership:
- 5 Dimensions of Leadership: Authenticity, Vision, Achievement, Ownership, Collaboration
- 49 Leadership Essentials giving an overview of each topic
- 170+ Spotlights, drilling deeper into each topic
- Over 15 learning resources for each component
- 189 topic based, half hour webinars and short videos
- Scorecard assessments to confirm your knowledge
- E-badges to mark success
- Weekly newsletter, Trending, helping to keep your finger on the pulse
- Digital copies of EDGE journal
- Diagnostic tool: MyLeadership ProfileWorksheets on each topic, for group discussion and personal reflection
- My Learning Record, logging CPD and webinars attended
- Digital Certificate of Achievement on successful completion of the programme
- Automatic route to professional membership with post-nominal letters & digital credential to share on social media
The Breakthrough Leadership Development Programme™ will be delivered remotely (online).
Zoryna is an experienced coach and trainer. She is an alumna of The Neuroscience Academy, a Member of the International Coaching Federation (ICF) and the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC), a Trainer of NLP (Classic Code and New Code). She is also a tutor and coach at the Academy of Women's Leadership, a mentor of the Warwick Business School Global Mentoring Programme. In 2020-2021, she was also a Resilience Coach of the UK National Coaching and Mentoring Support Programme designed to support those leading the response to the COVID 19 pandemic across local government, specifically aimed at chief executives, directors and professional leads.
The GC Index® Profile - is a strengths-based online “organimetric” assessment tool that measures and describes five proclivities i.e. five different ways in which people are inclined to make an impact and contribution and identifies how individuals can make the most valuable contribution to their organisations. This tool helps people lead with confidence and collaborate more effectively with their fellow leaders and colleagues. The GC Index® Profile aligns collective efforts, helps to accelerate performance and enhances collaboration and accountability.
The Change Maker Profile™ (GC Index® product) – an “organimetric” used to measure the way people prefer to make their impact during periods of change.
DISC Profile - a personality assessment tool used to improve work productivity, teamwork, communication, management capability and leadership effectiveness. For individuals, DISC brings a level of self-awareness that can support their personal and career development.
Performance Leader Identifier (PLI) Assessment - the PLI tool assesses behaviours across a full range of factors from emotional intelligence to strategic focus. Importantly, leadership factors such as influencing stakeholders, communicating a compelling vision, strategic thinking, resolving complexity, being decisive and taking calculated risks are also assessed by the model.
Sova assessment - a psychometric testing and personality profiling tool which is used in recruitment, professional development and coaching. It will increase your self-awareness and confidence by giving you valuable insights into your potential which you can use to focus on identified development areas and to achieve your career goals.